Recipe Photos – Salads – Салати

Recipe Photos – Salads – Салати

Salads are another category of very interesting and in most cases very healthy food.  As you know most of the time the main ingredient in various salads is YES, RAW vegetables, which in turn makes this sort of food one of the healthiest around there.  Having said all this, now is time to actually enumerate all the different types of salads — and as soon as I finish doing this, I am sure some of the enthusiast salad creators out there will find yet another type.  But for time being, here we go with a list.  What are the main possible salad types:

• Raw vegetables based salads
  • Cooked vegetables based salads
  • Pickled vegetables based salads
  • Fruits and vegetables based salads
  • Meat and vegetables based salads
  • ….yes, you guest it — I am looking for your inputs on what the other possible types are

And as in many other cases – I constantly see many references to salads from all over the world including Japan (where in my opinion salads are least focus part of a meal) but from the Mediteranean I usually see just the proverbial Greek salad — in most cases a few slices of tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, onion and a few pieces of lettuce leaves…..with the mandatory pieces of cow milk based feta cheese on top….Well, you may find a good version of that salad type but in general it won't be the norm.   

So with that in mind, would you show us what you consider the BEST mediteranean and Eastern Europe salads out there:

Uploader for Salad Photos

please add a description

Here is what we have in the database so far – based on what users have submitted:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *